Older adult mental health services in Walsall have been through a transformation programme to strengthen care provided in the community, offering more choice and services closer to home for the diverse communities of Walsall.
As part of the transformation journey we are developing plans to provide inpatient beds in a brand new, purpose-built, modern environment that enables recovery in a setting that is appropriate and responsive for all.
We are proposing to build a new building within the Dorothy Pattison grounds in Walsall, meaning the two older adult inpatient wards will relocate from Bloxwich Hospital.
Some of the benefits of this proposal includes:
- Patient accommodation will be on the ground floor
- Patients will have access to other facilities on the site such as a gym, canteen and multi-faith rooms
- Near to Walsall Manor Hospital and Dorothy Pattison Hospital
- Will meet same sex accommodation requirements
- More flexible space for therapeutic care
- Car parking available
- Close to Walsall town centre and transport links
Artists impression of new site
Have your say
We would like to hear your views about our plans and you can find more information in our engagement document.
You can email your feedback to email@example.com or call 01384 325022.
The closing date for comments is 31 August 2021.