The Research and Innovation Team would be happy to discuss volunteering opportunities with individuals who may want to get involved with, and support, research.
If you would like to get involved in research, please contact the team using the below:
Research and Innovation, The Beeches, Penn Hospital
Wolverhampton, WV4 5HN
Telephone: 01902 446724
We also welcome support from non-staff (service users, carers and other members of the public).
We have a volunteer role called Research Champions. Research Champions volunteer their time to help the NIHR Clinical Research Network spread the word about health and care research to patients and the public, and especially those groups who are currently less likely to take part in research. They also help research and healthcare staff understand more about the experiences of those who take part in research. Through their important work, Research Champions help us promote research in health and care services, and across society more widely.
Below is a list of responsibilities a Research Champion may undertake:
- Talk to patients and the public about health and care research e.g. by giving talks, hosting coffee mornings, creating play events or hosting stands within the local community, visiting health services
- Promote the Be Part of Research campaign to patient, public groups and help people find out about research studies they can take part in
- Promote the Join Dementia Research website and the importance of dementia research to the public
- Co-design materials to raise public awareness of health and care research e.g. posters and leaflets
- Collect general feedback about taking part in research from participants
- Take part in local actions to mark International Clinical Trials Day and health awareness days e.g. a good time to promote mental health research would be during Mental Health Awareness Week
- Speak to interest people or patient groups about health and care research
To find out more information about the Research Champion role, please visit the NIHR website.
If you would be interested in volunteering in the R&I team, please use the contact details above.