Older adult mental health services in Walsall have been through a transformation programme to strengthen care provided in the community, offering more choice and services closer to home for the diverse communities of Walsall.
As part of the transformation journey we are developing plans for a brand new, purpose-built hospital that enables recovery in a setting that is appropriate and responsive for all.
We are proposing to build the new site within the Dorothy Pattison Hospital grounds in Walsall, meaning patients and staff from the two older adult wards will relocate from Bloxwich Hospital.
Some of the benefits of this proposal include:
- Patients will have access to other facilities on the site such as a gym, canteen and multi-faith rooms
- Near to Walsall Manor Hospital and Dorothy Pattison Hospital
- Will meet same sex accommodation requirements
- Supports the NHS plan to eradicate dormitory ward environments
- More flexible space to support therapeutic care
- Good car parking facilities available
- Close to Walsall town centre and transport links
We would like to hear your views about our plans and you can find more information in our engagement document.
The closing date for comments is 31 August 2021.