We are recruiting for a Non-Executive Director to serve on the Board at Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and skills to make a positive difference to the communities we serve.
The Non-Executive Director will work with the Chair and other Executive and NonExecutive colleagues as a voting member of the Board. You will also work in partnership with the Assembly of Governors who are charged with holding the NonExecutive Directors to account for the performance of the Board of Directors.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the delivery of high quality care to all service users. You will be someone who is passionate about representing the needs of the diverse communities across the Black Country. We are seeking a person with:
- Experience and expertise in finance
- Understanding of public sector finance
- Qualified accountant from one of the following chartered accountancy bodies; Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- An understanding of the culture in the Black Country or an affiliation
- And demonstrable empathy towards service users of the Trust.
The time commitment is expected, between 3 and 4 days per month. In return we offer:
- Annual remuneration of £13,000
- Full re-imbursement of travelling and subsistence expenses
- Ongoing training and development
- An initial three year term with extensions thereafter subject to satisfactory performance and governing body approval. This may be subject to amendment dependent on current organsiation transactional plans. All applicants need to be registered as public members of the Trust, residing in any of the areas within the Trust’s designated public consistuency.
For an informal discussion about the posts, see contacts below:
- Jeremy Vanes, Trust Chair on 07341 458 362
- Mark Axcell, Chief Executive Officer, 0121 612 8081
- Georgina Dean, Chief Finance Officer, 07341 458362
- Ashi Williams, Director of People on 07775 014326
- Gilbert George, Interim Trust Secretary on 079884 14281
Closing Date: 10 June 2021 Interview Date: 25 June 2021
The Trust is committed to equal opportunities, and is a non-smoking organisation. You will be asked as part of the application process to upload a supporting statement, no more than three pages. If you would like any more information, you can take a look at our NED Recruitment Pack here.