Governor elections 2020
Calling all members – it’s time for you to vote for your future governors
Our governor nominations closed on Monday 6th July, and all eligible members will have an opportunity to vote for the nominated members within their constituency in the upcoming elections.
The voting opens on Friday 24th July and all eligible members in the following constituencies will receive a direct notification of the voting process:
|Constituency||Number of seats available||Maximum number of nominated members you can vote for|
|Birmingham and the wider West Midlands||1||1|
Each vote counts, so please don’t delay in having your say by submitting your vote! Voting closes at 5pm on 13 August 2020.
Nominations are now closed!
Why become a governor?
The governor role gives you the opportunity to:
- Make a difference and have a positive contribution to the work of our Trust
- Help us shape the future of our services and ensure that our patients and carers get the best possible care
- Support and help continually achieve the Trust’s vision of: ‘Together we can achieve healthier, happier lives for everyone’,
- Represent your own views and experiences that will have a positive impact on our Trust
- Be an advocate for what matters the most to our communities, and share these with our Board of Directors
- Be updated on the Trust’s performance and developments, as well as seek performance assurance from our Board of Directors
- Act as an ambassador for your area of expertise or interest group
- Attend and support the planning of member engagement events
- Help build our membership community to ensure that it is representative of the communities we serve
You will receive on-going support and training to ensure that you have the confidence and skills to carry out the role.
Who can become a governor?
Anyone who is a member of the Trust and aged 16 or over can be a Governor. If you are not already a member, you can sign up free using our online application form here.
If you live in either Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall, Birmingham and the wider West midlands or Central England and have a passion for making a difference in mental health, learning disability and children’s services in the Black Country, why not nominate yourself to become a governor of our Trust.
We have the following seats available:
- Staff - 4 seats
- Sandwell – 1 seat
- Dudley – 4 seats
- Walsall – 5 seats
- Birmingham and the Wider West Midlands – 1 seat
- *Central England – 1 seat
*NOTE: Central England covers the areas of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Hampshire
Timetable for our elections
|Nominations open||Nomination forms are available on request from Civica Election Services (CES) on Friday 19th June|
|Deadline for receipt of nominations||All nomination forms must be received at CES by 5pm on Monday 6th July|
|Candidate withdrawal||Should any nominees wish to withdraw their nomination, they must put this in writing to CES by 5pm on Thursday 9th July|
|Voting in elections||Ballot papers will be distributed to all qualifying Members on Friday 24th July|
|Voting closes||Completed ballot papers must be received at CES by Thursday 13th August|
|Results announced||Results of the elections will be announced on Friday 14th August|
How to apply
If you would like to stand you can submit your form online here.
If you require any assistance please contact Ciara Hutchinson by:
- Tel: 0208 889 9203
- Email: email@example.com
How to find out more?
To find out more, contact Erica Pearce in our membership office on:
- Tel: 0121 612 8061
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org