Governor elections 2021
We are excited to announce that our Governor elections will open on Wednesday 30 June.
Why become a governor?
The governor role gives you the opportunity to:
- Make a difference and have a positive contribution to the work of our Trust
- Help us shape the future of our services and ensure that our patients and carers get the best possible care
- Support and help continually achieve the Trust’s vision of: ‘Together we can achieve healthier, happier lives for everyone’,
- Represent your own views and experiences that will have a positive impact on our Trust
- Be an advocate for what matters the most to our communities, and share these with our Board of Directors
- Be updated on the Trust’s performance and developments, as well as seek performance assurance from our Board of Directors
- Act as an ambassador for your area of expertise or interest group
- Attend and support the planning of member engagement events
- Help build our membership community to ensure that it is representative of the communities we serve
You will receive on-going support and training to ensure that you have the confidence and skills to carry out the role.
Who can become a governor?
Anyone who is a member of the Trust and aged 16 or over can be a Governor. If you are not already a member, you can sign up free using our online application form here.
If you live in either Sandwell, Dudley, Wolverhampton or Birmingham and the wider West midlands and have a passion for making a difference in mental health, learning disability and children’s services in the Black Country, why not nominate yourself to become a governor of our Trust.
We have the following seats available:
- Staff - 2 seats
- Sandwell – 1 seat
- Dudley – 2 seats
- Wolverhampton – 4 seats
- Birmingham and the Wider West Midlands – 1 seat
Timetable for our elections
|Nominations open||Nomination forms are available on request from Civica Election Services (CES) on Wednesday 2 June|
|Deadline for receipt of nominations||All nomination forms must be received at CES by 5pm on Wednesday 30 June|
|Candidate withdrawal||Should any nominees wish to withdraw their nomination, they must put this in writing to CES by 5pm on Monday 5 July|
|Voting in elections||Ballot papers will be distributed to all qualifying Members on Thursday 22 July|
|Voting closes||Completed ballot papers must be received at CES by Monday 16 August|
|Results announced||Results of the elections will be announced on Tuesday 17 August|
How to apply
If you would like to stand you can submit your form online here.
If you require any assistance please contact Ciara Hutchinson by:
- Tel: 0208 889 9203
- Email: email@example.com
How to find out more?
To find out more, contact Erica Pearce in our membership office on:
- Tel: 0121 612 8061
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org