Give a bostin gift to our patients this Christmas!
Our Black Country Brighter Lives charity wants to bring joy to all the patients in our care this festive season, but to make this happen, we need your support!
Over the Christmas period we will be caring for people across the Black Country. Some will spend their Christmas in one of our hospitals; away from family, friends and neighbours. Some will be at home; supported by our dedicated staff.
We want to sprinkle some festive joy and kindness to all of our patients this Christmas by giving them a gift to show that we care, that we are thinking of them and that they are not alone. We also want to give the gift of festive fun to each of our hospital wards.
Whether it be funds for treats and gifts for our patients on the wards to enjoy on Christmas Day (such as hampers, food, activity books, refreshments, wash kits and more), or donations that could aid our bigger projects such as more electronics to help keep our patients connected with their loved ones during their stay, or improve the facilities on the wards to better enhance their experience.
We all know that a small act of kindness can make a big difference.
Can you help us give a bostin gift of joy and kindness this Christmas?
£2 could help us buy treat selection boxes, activity books, pens and colouring items for our elderly patients
£5 would help us purchase DVDs, board games, portable radios, headphones and more for individuals to enjoy during their stay
£10 would help us fund winter items such as scarves, blankets, stocking fillers, gloves, and more
£20 could fund a big festive hamper for our patients to enjoy on Christmas Day!
Donate £2 for wearing your Christmas Jumper and spreading the festive spirit!
This time of year, you may be thinking about wrapping up in your favourite Christmas jumper. If so, why not choose what day in December and make a donation to our Christmas appeal.
You can wear your most festive, creative, zany jumper from either the comfort of your own home, with your friends and family or at even at work.
You can purchase a jumper online or from most retailers, or if you want to do something completely different, why not upscale and old one with some Christmas items, such as glitter, tinsel, baubles and felt!
So why not get involved? Wear something festive in December, donate £2 to our Christmas appeal and spread the joy! Make sure you send in a photo/video of your wonderful jumper to us as at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will feature it on our social media and website!
Our Trust are so proud of our staff, patients, carers and service users, and we hope that our wonderful Black Country community can help us support them in this greatest hour of need.
How you can make a donation
- Donate using our Just Giving page
- Organise your own fundraising event and fundraise for us. Just make sure you let us know, by emailing email@example.com
- If you shop on Amazon, sign-up (free) to AmazonSmile. When you make a purchase through the AmazonSmile website they will donate a percentage to your chosen charity at no extra cost to you (please choose Black Country Healthcare Charity Fund as your chosen charity - charity number 1060039)
- Shop with retailers that are registered with Easy Fundraising or Give as You Live as they will donate a percentage to your chosen charity at no extra cost to you (please choose Black Country Healthcare Charity Fund as your chosen charity - charity number 1060039)
- Look at our Amazon Wishlist and purchase something to be delivered to Trafalgar House or your home address and then dropped off at one of our sites (we have added a range of gifts that we think our patients would enjoy)
- Donate a gift that you have purchased yourself or have at home and drop this off at one of our sites (we have a list of acceptable donations and sites here)
If you decide to make a donation, don't forget to gift aid your donation, which means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you donate and it won't cost you any extra.
However you decide to support us, we'd like to thank you for your kindness and for helping us bring some joy to the patients that will be in our care this Christmas.
We'd also like to wish you, your family and loved ones a very Merry Christmas!