Black Country Brighter Lives, the official charity for Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, is inviting people across the Black Country to join the nation’s biggest tea break on 5 July to raise funds for the incredible people in our NHS who’ve done so much to help everyone get through the pandemic.
This year has been like no other, with people throughout the NHS facing challenges like never before.
As a way of recognising the hard work and commitment of our NHS Heroes, NHS Charities Together will be encouraging the nation to join in the celebrations on Monday 5 July by hosting or taking part in a tea party or gathering at 3pm (or whatever time is best for you) or by taking 5 to grab a cuppa.
The NHS Big Tea is about so much more than sharing a cuppa. It’s a national outpouring of love, thanks, and generosity for those at the heart of our NHS who go above and beyond to care for us.
For many, this will be an outpouring of joy, celebrating the vaccine and all that it is allowing us to do again. For others, it will be an outpouring of thanks, for everything that our NHS heroes have done for us. For some, sadly, it will be a moment of reflection for the loss of loved ones.
So, how can you get involved in the NHS Big Tea and support your local NHS charity
- Host or take part in a face-to-face tea party or gathering over a cuppa in a safe way, following all government guidelines
- Host a virtual tea party using MS Teams, Zoom or even What’s app. Just get everyone together on your preferred platform and get the laughter, love, and energy flowing
- Take 5 – a moment to grab a cuppa and an important break when you can
What you need to do to get started and show your support
- Decide how you want to get involved – will it be a face-to-face or virtual tea party or will you show your support by taking 5 to grab yourself a cuppa?
- Think about how can you make your tea party fun and engaging? Why not, brew a game of bingo, see how many teabags you can all throw into an empty mug in 30 seconds or take part in the tea and toast game – the possibilities are endless
- Help spread the word about the NHS Big Tea campaign to your friends and family – they too can join in the celebrations by hosting their own tea party or gathering
- Add your event details to this poster
- Pour a burst of colour over your tea party by making your own bunting
- Use this background if you’re hosting a virtual tea party
- Don’t forget to share your snaps on with your social networks – tag in #NHSBigTea, #NHSBirthday, #NHSCharitiesTogether and #WeAreBlackCountry
How to make a donation
As part of the NHS Big Tea campaign, we are encouraging donations to our Black Country Brighter Lives charity to support our staff, patients and their families.
If you’re hosting your own tea party (face-to-face or virtual) or taking part in any activities, why not set up your own fundraising page.
Get in touch with us
0121 612 8061